Thursday, June 7, 2012

the weekend~


We headed to this great Indian restaurant in Old Town over the weekend for a meal with Norbert's brother, his girlfriend and a cousin. 
There are only 3 cousins for them.....as opposed to my 84. (Yes. 84 first cousins. Sooo not exaggerating!)

We've been spending a great deal of time, so far, visiting his family. 



And of course, I am spending a great deal of time taking pictures.
You can't imagine how much I've been loving that.



On Sunday, we took a day trip to visit Norbert's oldest brother who lives in their families country house.


Norbert grew up spending his summers here with his family.



It was a little mini reunion with more family showing up.
We spent the entire day there, wandering around some of the 50 acres of land and forest, visiting and eating.


The smokehouse that provided our food all day.












I've got many pictures from the last three days as well, but it may be awhile before I can edit and post them.
Today, we are heading to Germany to visit my cousin and her family for four days and then it's on to the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria and then back up to Germany.

We will spend two weeks on this trip and I'll of course share our adventures!

I am super excited......a great ending to my birthday :) 

Share |

2 comments:

Michele said...

great pics...especially the field of yellow flowers. absolutely beautiful!!

lumina said...

Your pictures make me want to travel...
(Greetings from Hungary!)