Monday, February 20, 2012

rollercoaster


This has been a tumultuous week.
And when I say tumultuous, I mean, rollercoaster.

But first, a few highs:

Norbert and I celebrated Valentine's a few days early.
I had no idea what events he had planned for the night so the whole evening was one wonderful surprise after another.
I love surprises.

We started here first.


We left the restaurant in kind of a rush because apparently we had to be somewhere at a specific time....


I didn't know he was taking me here until we actually drove into the parking lot.
And let me just tell you:
I love theater.
I love live performance.

And man alive, I love Cirque du Soleil, so yes I screamed a bit when I realized where we were going :)



It was absolutely amazing. Of course!
There was a whole lot of, 'oh my god!', 'holy sh*t,' 'did they seriously just do that?!'.
It's like viewing the human body, performing at its highest ability, and then swathing it in a vision of beauty and light.
It just totally and completely blows you away......

And then post performance we headed here for a night cap and some dessert.


It was really, such a fantastic evening.
This was our 10th one, so we felt especially festive.....

______________________________________________________________


And then a few days later my Dad got sick.
Really sick.
The kind of sick that warrants a trip to the hospital for four days.


Thankfully, he's on the mend. Slowly.

The past week has been totally off and I know this has a lot to do with it.
Feels a little bit like functioning through a fog.

But, I'm still taking my camera everywhere and taking pictures everyday.
Even of these moments.



Capturing the highs.
And the lows.


Share |

2 comments:

Cathi said...

First of all, I am sending love and prayers to your dad and your family that he heals quickly.

Your date night sounded wonderful, surprises all around!

blue hour designs said...

Thank you so much Cathi.
Your prayers sent are incredibly thoughtful and appreciated!

:)