Tuesday, August 16, 2011

rollercoaster


I took a couple of quick snapshots while I was forming bezels today.


I had a ridiculous amount of fun designing this afternoon.
I am working on a million different things again. Starting one and then starting another, and then another, and so on. It's hard to temper the rush when it comes. To be honest, though, I don't really like to. I know myself now, and that's just how I let the imagination flow. Giddiness is the best way to describe my mood in the studio today.



This morning, however, was a different story.
I was riding a bit of an emotional rollercoaster.........just ask Norbert.


You see, my oldest monkey started kindergarten today, and although I thought I was completely fine, after I dropped him off this morning I was hit with sadness.

It passed, but for a few hours my mind had to absorb the fact that my son is soooo growing up (and truthfully, the absorbing involved some tears).
I am truly happy for this phase we have entered. I guess I just needed a moment to register it all.....





And by the way.....my monkey loved it.


Share |

6 comments:

Lia said...

I love that feeling of a flood of creativity. It can be overwhelming though. Glad you had fun.

First days are a big step.

lotta said...

I remember that first day of kindergarten as if it were yesterday. Now we are packing boxes and sending him off for his second year of college... They do grow up way to fast.

blue hour designs said...

Lia - That feeling is honestly what makes me feel more like an artist...not so much the act of fabrication, but the creative flow. I love it :)

Lotta - That was exactly what I was thinking about. It seems like as soon as kids hit school age, the years seem to fly by. I have told myself to just use that understanding to slow myself down more and absorb and enjoy the 'right now' with them. That is the thought that got me moving forward with purpose yesterday :)

WallStar Graphics said...

Oh I remember that day all too well. I cried all day (not kidding). I tried to maintain my composure while dropping my son off. I didn't do so well. He's 16 now :) It goes all too fast. Enjoy each moment and embrace each new chapter.

KristaR said...

Oh goodness, that first day of kindergarten is so very bittersweet. The beginning of a new phase is very exciting, but the "letting" go takes some getting used to. The kids usually adjust more quickly than the parents do. :)

Having children makes one so acutely aware of the passing of time doesn't it?

blue hour designs said...

wallstar graphics - There were definitely a LOT of tears...amazing how kids affect us in such a massive way :)

KristaR - Definitely agree!