Sunday, December 19, 2010

daydream..

I am finishing up some pieces tonight.
Light work.
Cutting some chain, wrapping some beads, hand buffing some pieces.
Writing thank-you cards.

This is my last big shipment for the holidays, and I'm listening to this beautiful song 
with a glass of Chianti.

I do love Armstrong's version, almost as much as Edith Piaf's.

When I imagine going to France which I will soon I've promised myself
I hope to hear this song wafting through the evening air while sitting outside at some small cafe surrounded by cobblestone, gorgeous architecture and good company.

It's a nice daydream, don't you think? ;)

Norbert and I watched the Edith Piaf biopic, La Vie En Rose, earlier in the year.
I highly recommend it.
Marion Cotillard (whom I love) is absolutely outstanding in this role.




Tonight, though, it's the The King and I.

Share |

2 comments:

Charlotta Ward said...

Dear Alysia - just wanted to drop in and wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a beautiful ending to 2010!

It has been lovely to get to know you during the year and look forward to more chats in 2011.

Big hugs from Sydney

x Charlotta

Andrea said...

Alysia...
I was listening to Edith Piaf on vinyl this morning...The whole thing was incredible. The album cover is beautiful too...Your day dream sounds much like mine...
The King and I is one of my favourite movies ever. I have the vinyl soundtrack of that too...

I am wishing you a wonderful, beautiful 2011 full of happiness and success! And perhaps a France trip!
xo
A