Sunday, April 25, 2010

Upcoming trip


Hey everyone -
Sorry for the two-day delay! I meant to write in here on Friday, but somehow the last few days just slipped away from me. We had a fun and busy weekend....;)

So, I wanted to mention that I will be leaving on a trip to Copenhagen on Tuesday. Norbert and I are going to go visit his very good friend for eight days and we will return the following Wednesday. I had planned on keeping my shop open and having my mom take care of shipping orders while we were gone, but I've decided against it. I think it's best that it is only open when Norbert or I can handle it all....plus she will be taking care of my monkeys and that is already a full time job ;) 

We are so excited because it is the first time that we are taking a trip like this together...alone. That also means that  I have a teeny bit of anxiety about leaving my boys. Now, I know I will have a super fun time while there, but.......isn't it normal for mommies to have apron strings that are difficult to loosen???!! ;)

We will be doing video Skype chats while there and my boys quite honestly think the world revolves around their Nana and Papa, so I'm sure that everything is going to be just fine. I think it's just the leaving part that will be a little hard for me....

So on Monday evening I will close up the shop and I'll try to get on here once or twice to share some pictures and adventures! We were there last summer for 4 days (I wrote a bit about it here), but my little one was sick for two of them, so we saw so little of Denmark. This time our friend, Indrek, is going to take us everywhere...we have a full itinerary. We will also venture into Sweden for a day. I'm excited about this as well because I have not seen Sweden outside of Stockholm amazing, amazing city by the way....absolutely gorgeous.

Okay, I'm off to finish packing....I hope to see you all later in the week!!
bye ;)


p.s. I have a lot of news to share when we get back!

p.p.s. The April newsletter went out.....let me know if you'd like a subscription :)

Share |

5 comments:

Monica said...

How incredibly exciting! I'm sure your kids will have a blast with Nana and Papa and, no doubt, it'll be fabulous for you and Norbert to have some time together.

I haven't been back to Europe in 4 years now and I miss it so much. Plus, I have a friend in Sweden whom I've never met...so I'm quite jealous that you get to visit there!

Enjoy yourselves immensely and I look forward to seeing photos :)

blue hour designs said...

Thank you Monica!!
I know I'll have loads of fun....I just need to breathe a lot and focus on that fun when I'm actually leaving them. I am really going to miss them!!

Monica said...

awww...they'll miss you, too! One of the best parts of the trip will probably be when you arrive back home and they scramble to get into your arms :D

Kristi said...

Oooh, I'd like to sign up for your newsletter. I'm sure I should know how... but can you add me?

mischiefbyloki {at} gmail {dot} com. Thanks!

Enjoy your trip. It sounds fantastic!

Splendid Willow said...

Yeah!!! How fun! (And there you are! Last time I checked I had no access to your blog - only your website. And I couldn't leave a comment).

You are going to my home country! (if only for a day!) Give it a big kiss!

Enjoy your trip, come back with lots of great memories and images and travel safe!

Cyber hug,

Mon