Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Winter Wonderland...take 2

I photographed these pictures yesterday evening....


...right at the blue hour :)
The picture above I took in front of my house. The street lights illuminated the snow and trees to create a gorgeous rose-like glow.


There is even more snow, today, sitting on that planter.



Ask me if I'm sad today....

That would be a no ;) I'm working in my studio and having a ball. Plus, I have decided to take all the inspiration and joy I usually get from seeing this beauty and channeling it into my work no more sad thoughts associated with winter! It will all be gone soon anyway. It feels a bit fleeting now....just last week we had 60's/70 degree weather and we will have it again next week.

I even spent some time a few days ago working on cleaning up my yard! You have no idea how much I loved digging my hands into my dried up flower beds to prepare it for spring. 

I'm listening to this song right now, in my workshop, looking out at all the snow:
You can purchase it here. 



Bye!

p.s. I'm updating my shop on Monday....this week is devoted to massive amounts of creating :)

4 comments:

Erica Cook said...

Beautiful! but I'm glad you have it and not me. Where are you to have gotten so much of it? Happy creating!

lotta said...

I can't believe you still have that much snow. It looks magical. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Nothing is more stressful than illness, or the threat of an illness. Good for you to take it seriously, and to attempt to de-stress. Warm wishes.

littlecherryhill said...

Yum that snow looks sooo dreamy and cold! Those pictures are great! My fave Loreena Mckennitt song is - Kecharitomene, I love her stuff.

blue hour designs said...

Erica - I live in Colorado....luckily the sun is out 300+ days out of the year. Much of it has already melted away!