Thursday, February 18, 2010

What Makes Me Happy??

Well this deliciousness would definitely top that list.

And this as well!
I came across this yummy, wonderful site today and as a result I promptly added it to my favorites list.
Delicious, huh! I am definitely going to try some of the recipes I find on here.
The website is Smitten Kitchen and I swear if you like food at all you'll stare at this site for awhile.

So awhile back my lovely friend Charlotta at Space for Inspiration gave me a very lovely award and as a result I am supposed to share 7 things that make me happy.
So without further ado:

1. My Monkeys - there are 3 of them....they also make me crazy....really, crazy ;)

2. Nature - I think that is why I go a little crazy in the winter. I'm not out nearly as much as I am during warmer months and I go stir crazy...mainly because I gain so much energy from being outdoors.

3. Travel, Travel, Travel - I can't express how much I love to wander and see all the cultures and places first hand. I have wanderlust in my heart :)

4. Great Conversation - This is a biggie, too. Really good conversation along with numbers 3 and 5 pretty much mean I am one hell of a happy camper ;)

5. Sustenance - Really good food, great wine, a cold beer in the summer....they put a big smile on my face :)

6. Reading - I have always been a bookworm...since I was little I had my nose in a book. One of my dreams is to one day have my own room with floor to ceiling bookcases filling the entire area and a comfy couch in the middle so I can read....undisturbed

7. Beauty/Art/Visual Stimulation - This can be a photograph, scenery, a person, a well-designed room, a piece of artwork.....anything that stimulates me visually. I live for this stimulation....I pick up on it everywhere


On another note, I have not been feeling the best again this week. As a result, I haven't been in my workshop hardly at all. I think I pulled some muscles (stupid me lifting heavy weight in the gym) so I am trying to rest to give them a chance to recover. :( Hopefully this will be soon....

Bye!

3 comments:

Monica said...

Oh my, SK is amazing! I've been drooling over their blog for a couple years now and never tire of it.

One of my favorites on there was this http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/11/onion-tart-with-mustard-and-fennel/

Hope you're feeling better soon :

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! Maybe some of the above 7 things could help you recover! xo

Charlotta Ward said...

Hello my dear. Sorry to hear you are not well - it's always harder to be sick in Winter. Especially with three little Monkeys in the house! :)

Thanks for posting your list - it was great to read it. I am so with you on the kids, nature, travel, books and quality food and company. Actually, the whole list is completely in harmony with my smile triggers. :)

Have a nice and quiet weekend and let the huz look after you.

xCharlotta