Monday, January 25, 2010

Wrapping up...

I'm almost done! I've been working the past week on redesigning my business cards, banners, avatars, etc. So I'll very soon be revamping everything, including my website.

Tomorrow I am back in my workshop, which is exciting because I have a new piece of equipment I can start working with. We bought a rolling mill a few weeks ago and it just came in a few days ago. It is a really heavy piece of equipment and Norbert needs to reinforce the end of one of my worktables for it to sit on. So a rolling mill will allow me to do a number of really exciting things. I can make my own sizes and types of wire, but more importantly I can make impressions on metal using any number of objects. I'll take a picture of my new rolling mill this week along with pieces of work that I make using it. I am very excited :)

One other quick note because I am on my way to the gym and I'm late! is that I just found out I was nominated for an award over at Poppytalk. It is in the handmade jewelry category and can be located here.



I am thrilled that someone nominated me.....Poppytalk is well known in the handmade world. I don't care if only my mom and sister vote for me (okay, okay I'd love for you to vote for me too ;) just the fact that people are taking notice of my work is an absolute honor!!

I'll be back with new work this week....bye! ;)

2 comments:

Splendid Willow said...

Yeah! Congratulations on the great award! You already have a fan here.

Can't wait to see your new... everything! (I need to give my own blog a facelift. If I only had a few more hours in a day..)

xx

Mon

http://www.splendidwillow.com

blue hour designs said...

Thank you Monika!

I definitely need those extra hours too....my boys have already stolen such a huge chunk of time ;)