Saturday, October 31, 2009

Figuring things out...

The sun is back in our lives in full force. The last few days have actually been warm. That's the great thing about Colorado...the sun is out for an average 300 or so days a year so we can actually get outside and enjoy the snow.

The last of the green is slowly fading away though...

So I spent a lot of time discussing my business, time management, scheduling and overall happiness with my husband over the last few days. I know many of you have gone through (and are still going through) this process and I welcome any additional tidbits of wisdom that you may have on the subject. But what I have realized which you all may think is quite humorous that I just figured this out is that I am not a machine. I was so fixated on successful growth that I was working at all odd hours of the day and week to accomplish this. Well, the realization about the subject is this: having an efficient schedule will still allow me to grow, but with one big inclusion....it is sustainable. Working all over the place with no personal time for me is not something I can sustain. I put too much pressure on myself and now it is time to evolve into a more efficent and happy me. ;)

So with my husband's help we mapped out a better schedule that is still focused on growth, but that makes sense and allows for me to have an overall balance in my life. I'm excited about it and I think it will work well. I don't want to say that I regret anything I have done in the last 6 months, but rather I am learning as I am going!

So now that I have tucked that away (for now!! I know it may rear its ugly head again in the future and I will again need to fix and make changes!) I will share a picture of my two little animals that have been happily prancing around our house in full garb since yesterday!

Where the wild things are indeed!
Have a great weekend!! ;)


p.s. One of things that I have decided, that makes the most sense right now, is to shelve the opening of my Etsy photography shop until after the new year. It needs more time that I can give it and so marking it off my short-term to-do list eliminates another stress that I am very grateful not to have!

No comments: