Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day One

One down....two more to go. :)

Before I tell you about it, I need to mention something very important. Awhile back I came across several websites discussing ethical metalsmithing. One of the main topics was on the use of recycled materials and where to find them. The site mentioned Hoover & Strong's Harmony Metals as one of the best choices for reclaimed and recycled silver. I did some research and found that although my previous suppliers recycled silver, Harmony exclusively sells reclaimed silver. So I switched.....and I now proudly carry their logo. If you are interested in finding out more about the company that I buy my sterling and fine silver from, please click on the link:
So the last few days have been chaotic and I definitely hit the panic button a few times. Luckily my husband swooped in and calmed me down in those situations!! I am very, very happy that this day is over with because it feels like a big weight has been released from my chest. I can enjoy the rest of the fair now because the unknown is over with.

The day was actually a LOT slower than we had anticipated. We were told there would be roughly 2 to 3,000 people in attendance and I'm sure it was probably an eighth of that number. Considering the really low numbers....we did well. The best part by far was talking with fellow booth vendors. So all in all it was a really good experience.

I did happen to only get 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night so the fact that I am writing in my blog right now and not sleeping is pretty much miraculous....;)


Here is one picture of my earring cards that I had made....


....and here is the other. I have charcoal and white. I love the way they came out.

One of my signs in action.

Quick snapshot....

Good night!

No comments: